It’s Your Move – Safe Cycle for high schools supports schools to create environments that encourage students to actively travel to school.
High school age students are ready to become independent and make healthy choices. Active travel ticks both of those boxes, yet many students are still being driven to school and activities every day.
It’s Your Move Safe Cycle offers a curriculum resource for years 7 to 8 and project support to help schools help students to make active travel a reality.
It’s Your Move – Safe Cycle is a quality resource to:
- educate students in safe cycling techniques and bike maintenance
- increase student confidence and enjoyment of riding a bike as a form of active travel
- build on the primary school initiative, Ride or Walk to School
- ink to the Australian Curriculum (Health and Physical Education)
Available for schools:
- TQI accredited teacher professional learning
- Online game-based student learning and fun practical lessons
- Loan of a set of bikes delivered to your school for 3 weeks, bookings can be made online
- A how-to guide to using QR code technology to encourage more students to ride or walk to school
Note: Bike bookings are limited to 1 x 3 week session per school. If your school would like to book more than 1 session please email email@example.com.
If your school would like to join the It’s Your Move Safe Cycle program contact firstname.lastname@example.org.