It’s Your Move – Safe Cycle for high schools supports schools to create environments that encourage students to actively travel to school.
High school age students are ready to become independent and make healthy choices. Active travel ticks both of those boxes, yet many are still being driven to school and activities every day.
IYM – Safe Cycle offers a curriculum resources for years 7 to 10 and project support to help schools help students to make active travel a reality.
It’s Your Move – Safe Cycle is a quality resource to:
- educate students in safe cycling techniques and bike maintenance
- increase students confidence and enjoyment of riding a bike as a form of active travel
- build on the primary school initiative, Ride or Walk to School
- link to the Australian Curriculum (Health and Physical Education)
Available for schools:
1. TQI accredited teacher professional learning.
2. Online game-based student learning and fun practical lessons.
3. Loan of a bike package for 3 weeks, managed by the Physical Activity Foundation.
4. Bike maintenance workshops.
5. Support to implement a whole school QR code tagging system to encourage more students to ride or walk to school.
We are currently recruiting ACT high schools to participate in the IYM – Safe Cycle program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0499 977 823.
This program contributes to the ACT Government’s Healthy Weight Initiative. It is implemented in schools by the Physical Activity Foundation and supported by ACT Health.