In 2015, over 21,000 primary school students from over 50 ACT schools took up the Active Kids Challenge!
This year, we want the Active Kids Challenge to be bigger than ever! From April, we will be calling to primary schools across Canberra to join us in our goal to get all kids, more active, more often!
So what is the Challenge?
Well to start, it’s FREE to all primary schools in the ACT.
It’s an 8 week health promotion program, to inspire & encourage kids to be active for at least 60 minutes a day. Schools can sign up at any time & the Challenge takes place from Weeks 2 to 9 in Term 3 each year.
We provide 100% of the materials & inspiration for your School community to be involved & we think it’s great when the whole School participates!
Simply register your School & you’ll receive your Active Kids Challenge kit at the end of term 2, so you can prepare to start in term 3!
Your Active Kids Challenge classroom kit includes:
- 40 PLAY (Physical Literacy Activity Yearbook) teacher resources, printed to keep for each class, developed by UC RISE
- A large activity wall chart for your classroom
- Mini wall charts for kids to take home
- A weekly e-newsletters to keep you and your class up to date
- Opportunities for exercise classes with Club Lime
- Opportunities to take up a Discovery Trail guided tour with Icon Water
- Plus some great challenges each week to keep your students motivated!
What are you waiting for? Join the thousands of children taking part and sign up today!
If you’d like some more information about the Challenge contact Harriet Walker.