It may be chilly outside but don’t let the cold weather stop you from walking or wheeling your way to school in Winter Walk to School Week 9-13 August 2021.
Children need 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Riding or walking to school is an easy way to ensure you are getting the recommended activity every day. Children who ride or walk to school are also more likely to arrive at school alert and ready to learn.
What is Winter Walk to School Week?
A week to celebrate walking, riding, scooting, or skating to school even in the colder months of winter.
When is Winter Walk to School Week?
Monday 9 – Friday 13 August. Schools can choose to celebrate on one day or all week long.
Ideas to Promote Winter Walk to School Week at Your School
- Special meet up points with parents and teachers so groups can walk or ride together
- Breakfast or fresh fruit for students on arrival, try working with your P&C to organise something
- Coffee vans for parents and teachers at the school or meet up points
- A special assembly to reward those who used active travel during the week or those who regularly use active travel to get to school
- A school walking relay
- Dress up competition or a wear your ‘craziest beanie’ day
2021 resources are available to download and print to promote Winter Walk to School Week at your school. Click here to view.
We have partnered with Trek and Garmin to offer some great prizes for everyone choosing to be active and participate in the Winter Walk to School Week this year. Click here to find out how to enter and win!
Share your Involvement
Don’t forget to take photos/videos of the celebrations on the day and share it on social media using the hashtag #WinterWalktoSchoolWeek. Or email us your photos – email@example.com.
What to Remember
When deciding how you participate, please ensure you are maintaining appropriate physical distancing protocols. Current government restrictions can be found here. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.